Sunday, September 11, 2022

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise - September 7-8, 2022 - At Sea and Disembarkation

 Today was our last day at sea.  After breakfast, I grabbed an iced latte from the Rolls Royce Cafe and snagged a chair on the deck with Carnival Waterworks that overlooked the aft hoping to catch some sun but glad for the clouds and the breeze as it meant the temperatures were quite comfortable.  At one point, I think I saw a pod of dolphins swimming past us but by the time I stood up to look closer, they were too far away.  

The water was like glass and the clouds were quite neat this morning.


Paul found me around 10:30 and so we went to grab a sandwich from the Deli to take back to the room and get set up for the Apple Event that would be lived streamed at noon.  

We watched the Apple Event in our room and then headed out to find a lounge to relax in.  We found a table in the promenade where we could people watch and that had a window seat overlooking the sea.  Paul splurged on a donut from the Rolls Royce Cafe.  I had purchased a bottle of wine at dinner the night before and so finished it as we watched the day go by. I also was a bit hungry as they had messed up my sandwich for lunch and I had not eaten as much so I ordered poke from Bonsai Express specialty food stand.



 Clouds had really started to build and then it started to look quite foggy so I took a walk up to the lido deck to try and get some foggy photos.  At that point, it started to downpour so I went exploring further.  I was curious as to what the view would be like from the front of the ship.  (Fortunately, the ship is small enough, I could easily go back to our cabin to change after exploring in the rain.)

I finished recording video for a ship highlights tour which you can see here.



We had one last dinner in the main dining room.  We still were given a private table but in a different section this night with some servers that were incredibly slow.  After about an hour and a half our desert still had not arrived and they were getting ready to put on their show.  I really hate how they make the wait staff sing and dance at dinner every night on Carnival.  So we just walked out as it was starting and thus we were able to avoid the song and dance every night.

We briefly stopped at our cabin and saw that the sun was just beginning to set so we hurried up on deck for some beautiful colors.



Paul grabbed some dessert from the buffet and came back to watch the last of the colors.  We then parted ways.  He wanted to see the Motown Show which he said was really good.  I wanted to go back and listen to the Kiara Taylor in the Promenade.  With my loyalty status, I also wanted to take advantage of the free drink I was entitled to on the last night.

A Tropical Mule

I found a table right outside Cherry on Top.

After the show and performance, we headed back to the room to finish packing.  The next morning was disembarkation morning.

The next morning we were up early.  You could tell the ship had been slowing as we came into the bay.  I think they said we were picking up the pilot at 2:45 a.m.  And as we got back to the pier, the side thrusters could be clearly heard in our cabin.  We enjoyed one last breakfast up on the Lido deck.  We were in line before Blue Iguana even opened.


We were scheduled to start embarkation at 8:00 a.m. with those walking off with all their luggage who were assigned to muster station A (which fortunately was our muster station as we hoped to be home to work the afternoon).  We knew the line would form through the art gallery on deck 7 so about 7:40 p.m. we made our way to that area and only about 10 people had started lining up so when the announcement was made around 8:00 a.m., we were among the very first off.  They had installed facial recognition at Mobile for those with passports and so going through customs was a breeze.  We walked right into an elevator to get up to our parking deck level and were quickly on the road and back in our apartment shortly after noon.



No comments:

Post a Comment